It’s never too late to JOIN the PTA at RCF!
- All parents, guardians, caregivers, and staff are invited to join and participate in the RCFES-PTA. The PTA brings us together to address the educational, cultural, social, health and technological needs of our students and the school community. The PTA is a non-profit organization. PTA activities are only possible with financial support from members.
- All families at RCFES receive a complimentary school directory produced by the PTA; PTA members also receive a smart-phone app for easy directory access.
Supporting the PTA is easier than ever! To JOIN, visit Pay4SchoolStuff to create and account and pay or download the form below.
If you have questions, email us.
Steps for Pay4SchoolStuff:
- Go to Pay4SchoolStuff
- Follow the prompts to select your state, county and school (MD > Montgomery County > Rock Creek Forest Elementary)
- Enter the requested personal information such as name, email address and child’s name
- Choose from the listed options including PTA Membership and Cultural Arts Donation
- Check out and you’re done!
The RCF PTA strengthens our community and improves the educational experience at RCF. Your membership benefits your children and it shows them that you are committed to their school and their education. As a member you will become connected with your community and learn about RCF programs and services. Membership entitles you to vote on PTA issues and how resources should be allocated, and enables you to hold a PTA office. Your voice will be heard! Your membership also significantly helps RCF when representatives from the MD Legislature or Congress lobby for our funding.
PTA Sponsored programs include:
- Cultural arts (such as assemblies, artists-in-residence, science, drama, writing, and music)
- Extra classroom instructional materials and technology
- New books and resources for the media center
- After-school enrichment programs that develop academic, artistic, language, and athletic skills
- Community events for families (such as the Fall Picnic, Spring Fair, Rock Creek Relays, Silent Auction, Multicultural Night, the Art and Talent Showcase, and Book Fair)
- The RCF Nature Trail
- Grants to teachers for special academic programs and initiatives
- Staff appreciation events and gifts
- Public advocacy for school modernization
- Publication of the school directory
- …and much more!
PTA Fundraising Benefits All Students:
- Cultural arts programs
- Before and after school enrichment clubs
- Writing seminars
- At-home academic enrichment
- Books and media upgrades
- Field trip and program scholarships
- Teacher grants and supplies
- Professional development
- Student directory and yellow folders
- Fun events like the Fall Picnic, Rock Creek Relays, Multicultural Night, the Art & Talent Showcase, Spring Fair, Read-A-Thon, and Book Fair
- Teacher appreciation events
- The mobile technology lab
- Enhancements for our new school & more!
Want to volunteer? Have questions?